Saturday, 11th November 2023
10:00am to 4:00pm
Charles Morris Hall, Tyttenhanger Green, Tyttenhanger, ST ALBANS, Hertfordshire, AL4 0RN
The hall has plenty of free parking.
The idea of the day is to have a bit of fun doing some mono printing and layering with acrylics on a Geliplate. We can make collage papers and/or paintings, backgrounds for cards and hopefully lots of discoveries!
What you need to bring:
- Your lunch and a mug for drinks which will be provided.
- You will need a Geli Plate. These can be ordered on Amazon. Jan uses 8” x 10” by Geli arts. Gelpress ones are cheaper. You will need to put the plate on some plastic sheet or a shiny tear off palette and tape it to your table.
- Acrylic paints, can be heavy body or fluid. Colours and white and black.
- A flat palette or tear off palette
- Acrylic brushes
- Brayers or rollers (tutor will have some if you don’t)
- It’s useful to have a glazing medium or pouring medium or just matt or gloss medium to add to the paint to slow the drying time a bit, but don’t worry its not essential.
- Water pot
- Baby wipes or j-cloth and water to clean the plate
- Things to stamp pattern, draw into paint (not too sharp)
- Leaves, lace, anything to lay on the plate to get a pattern
- Thick cartridge paper to cut our own stencils (tutor will have some)
- Craft knife and board to cut on
- Paper to make prints on….copy paper, cartridge paper. To make collage papers something thinner i.e Wet Strength tissue paper (tutor will have some you can buy), copy paper A4, old sheet music, brown paper, thinner cartridge paper, tracing paper, layout paper, YOU WILL NEED LOTS!
- Odd bits of A4 or A3 paper for cleaning your roller
- Plastic table cloth, apron, kitchen roll
Workshop Booking Form
To book your place, please complete the form below and pay £35 by bank transfer to the following account:
Account: St Albans Art Society
Sort Code: 09-01-29
Account number: 86836852
Reference: 11NOV followed by your initials.
Your workshop booking is NOT TRANSFERABLE. If you cannot attend after booking, please contact email@example.com to re-allocate your place. Workshops are for full and student members.
If you are unable to pay online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for alternative booking and payment methods.